A Musical Written to be Rehearsed and Performed Remotely!
Co-Directed by James Reed & John Thiel
Co-Musical Directed by Amy Dalhstrom & Karen Rogers
In this first-of-its kind musical, each actor will receive a 2-3 minute scene/song to rehearse, video record, and upload. When all the videos are played in order, they tell the hilarious story of a group of passionate students desperate to keep their annual musical alive…online!
Virtual Show Run-Time: 40 minutes
Age: Students Roles 8 – 18, Drama Teacher 18 +
Cast Size: 20 Students and 1 Adult –
Video Audition Submission Deadline – Saturday, January 16th, 2021 11:59 PM
Potential Virtual Callbacks – Sunday, January 17th, 2021
Virtual Rehearsals January 20th – February 3rd, 2021 (Evenings)
Virtual Filming of Show – February 4th – 7th, 2021
Virtual Preview – February 10th, 2021
“Opening Night” Virtual Red Carpet – February 12th, 2021 6-7 PM
Virtual Show Streams Valentine’s Weekend
***all callbacks, rehearsals, & recordings are held virtually via Zoom***
Audition Video Instructions
We are excited to watch your audition. Please prepare the following:
- 16-bar (60 seconds) cut from a musical number from a Broadway production or feature film
- Monologue chosen from the list below
Scene 3- Student B –
Scene 4 – Student C
Scene 16 – Student N
Scene 17 – Drama Teacher
Film yourself and upload this video to the online audition form.
Make sure to follow these guidelines for your video audition:
1. Background should be solid/clean or in the style of the song.
2. Dress nicely, but in clothes that you can sing in comfortably.
3. Film in landscape (horizontal).
4. Please slate at the beginning of your video: Introduce yourself by saying a) your name b) your age c) the song you will be singing d) the musical it is from e) the monologue you will be reading.
5. Please give at least five seconds of silence between your slate, your song, and your reading (easier to watch this way). Film your whole audition on one video.
6. Please sing with a karaoke track or with live accompaniment.
7. You may read the monologue (does not need to be memorized).
8. Check that you are well lit and that your whole body is visible.
9. Check that you can be easily heard and that there is no distracting background noise.
Break a leg!
James & John
If you have any questions please email them email@example.com