DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND DEVELOPMENT
Stockton Civic Theatre is seeking a dynamic, full-time Director of Marketing and Development to begin in September 2019. The Director of Marketing and Development is responsible for developing and implementing marketing, public relations, advertising, and fundraising strategies to help achieve the organization’s earned income and branding goals, while adhering to a limited budget. The Director of Marketing and Development is responsible for developing and executing overall fundraising and marketing strategy through the use of print, broadcast and social media and digital marketing efforts.
This 69 year old non-profit community organization has a 290 seat theatre and $500,000 budget. Traditionally, SCT produces a five-show season that includes musicals, dramas and comedies. There is also SCT, Jr, a summer musical theatre program for youth in grades 3 thru 12, and we periodically rent the theatre for local organizations.
Compensation: $18-$20 per hour and medical coverage
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate regularly with the Artistic Director (AD) to ensure a clear and accurate interpretation of the organization’s vision and direction and further develop long-range audience development goals and strategies.
- Promote the season, productions, and programs at SCT to shape public perception of the theater through execution of brand identity, print communications, publications, electronic media, media relations, public events, and physical spaces in collaboration with the AD and Marketing Committee
- Supervise the planning and implementation of all marketing, public relations, publications, and sales programs to raise earned income through single ticket and season ticket sales annually
- Negotiate contracts to ensure the most effective placement of print, radio TV, and online advertising.
- Produce all print and online materials for each production and season advertisements including flyers, posters, banners, programs, etc. Oversee printing and distribution while ensuring that all materials are delivered on time and within budget
- Manage media relationships; writing and distributing press releases, initiating preview
story ideas, and ensuring that accurate listings of information are widely disseminated to print, broadcast and digital media
- Write and send email blasts and update social media pages
- Develop special promotions to drive ticket sales and production awareness
- Maintain up-to-date archives of press and advertising clippings
- Track and monitor the success of online initiatives and report them to key staff members
- Plan and provide logistical support to special event fundraising
- Possible misc. administrative functions
- Support team in developing and cultivating new and existing relationships with donors, including individuals, corporations, and seeking other philanthropic investors
- Work to increase to Sustaining Memberships
- Obtain sponsorship for all mainstage productions
- Procure food donors for Opening Night reception for each production
- Work with the AD and Marketing Committee to ensure that sponsors receive appropriate recognition and to ensure accurate and relevant information is included in all materials
- Assist with solicitation proposals and presentations, track and record donor data, and prepare detailed fundraising reports
Education and Experience:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent marketing/development experience
- Knowledge of marketing and fundraising principles and techniques as well as successful experience working with community volunteers and donors
- Experienced manager and team builder
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, excellent telephone, written and in-person etiquette, interpersonal skills, prospect development, writing and solicitation skills and the ability to inspire and engage
- Computer and internet proficiency
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Ability to work at the conceptual level as well as the implementation phase
- A genuine interest in and knowledge of the theater
- Knowledge of current social media and online technology developments and best practices
including blogs, social networks, mobile and other emerging trends, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and Pinterest
- Must be creative and be able to think outside of the box.
- Basic graphic design work and knowledge of design software
- Drive and determination to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Process problems into solutions or new opportunities
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and any exemplar material via email to Artistic Director, Dennis Beasley at email@example.com by September 5, 2019. The position will remain open until filled.