Stockton Civic Theatre seeks part-time Box Office/Office Assistant
Stockton Civic Theatre seeks a part-time Box Office/Office Assistant to start by mid-October. Come join a small, but mighty team responsible for running a beloved community theatre
Overview of Stockton Civic Theatre (SCT):
Stockton Civic Theatre is a non-profit community theatre located in the central valley of California since 1951. This community organization has a 294 seat mainstage theatre and a 65-seat Black Box Theatre. Each year SCT produces a season that includes musicals, dramas and comedies. SCT also has SCT Jr, a summer musical theatre program for youth grades 3 thru 12.
Box Office/Office Assistant Job Description:
QUALIFICATIONS: Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational, customer service, computer, and communication skills. Must have the ability and willingness to adapt and learn new tasks as required
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Commensurate with experience; $15-$17/hour
The Box Office/Office Assistant will be responsible for working in the box office and offering general office support. Hours are semi-flexible, but must be available some nights and weekends while shows are running.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist customers’ purchase of tickets over the telephone, in person, and support online ticket sales using the WinTix ticketing software.
- Present a positive and welcoming first impression to customers.
- Provide customers with expedient responses to requests and problems, using a broad, precise knowledge of SCT’s performances, policies and services.
- Provide quality customer service by responding in a timely manner, to walk-in customers, phone calls, or e-mail.
- Assist other departments by compiling customer data for use in planning promotions and advertising.
- Update posted information and keep office clean and organized.
- Gain knowledge of SCT Boutique Merchandise and support merchandise sales
- Meet the obligations of the position by completing other activities as required.
- Be an administrative assistant to the Artistic Director, Marketing Director, and Business Manager
- Make trips to the bank and to mail small to medium size packages
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Artistic Director, Dennis Beasley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin September 24, 2021